NCCD’s top priority is the well-being of its staff, partners, and clients. Due to the rapidly evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) situation in the United States and abroad, we have suspended business travel and directed our staff to work from home. NCCD staff will continue to be available by phone and email during regular business hours. We will host all meetings using video and phone conferencing.
Our work will otherwise proceed uninterrupted. We will reevaluate the situation in early April using guidance from federal, state, and local public health officials and experts, and reopen physical offices when appropriate.
We’re relying on our values to guide us in this difficult time:
- Collaboration: Do our part to stop the spread of COVID-19 so that our health care system can function at its best for those who need it most.
- Research: Use solid evidence and confirmed facts from reliable sources in our decisions.
- Innovation: Act creatively and resiliently to find new ways to support our stakeholders.
- Integrity: Respect our interconnectedness with others by taking steps to protect their health as well as our own.
- Social Justice: Recognize that this situation will have disparate negative impact on individuals and communities that are already socially and economically vulnerable. We will seek ways to mitigate these impacts for our staff and support our clients’ capacity to fulfill their missions.
The current situation presents many challenges. We are committed to working through those challenges to provide the same quality of collaboration you are used to. We are grateful for your patience and understanding as we work to keep our staff and their families, as well as you and your families, safe and healthy.