NCCD promotes just and equitable social systems for individuals, families, and communities through research, public policy, and practice.
NCCD envisions a just society in which people are safe and supported in their communities and treated with dignity by the systems that serve them.
- Social Justice: NCCD is committed to promoting a society that is based on the principles of equality and fairness—a society that values human rights and recognizes the dignity of every human being. Reform and system change are needed in order to ensure that all people have access to equal economic, political, and social opportunities.
- Integrity: NCCD seeks to build trust in relationships with each other, with our clients, and with the public by being honest, consistent, and respectful in what we do and how we do it. Our work is guided by the principles of quality, accuracy, transparency, and responsibility.
- Innovation: Change comes about through strategic, proactive, original thinking. NCCD seeks to challenge existing systems by developing innovative new technology, products, and services, and by thinking creatively to find solutions to complex social problems.
- Collaboration: NCCD believes that partnership and collaboration toward shared goals can move us all forward, beyond the sum of what each of us can accomplish individually. Our goal is healthy and strong communication with each other, partners, communities, and funders in order to share knowledge, expertise, and best practices, and to learn from one another.
- Research: Research informs all the work NCCD does. We value data-driven, research-based solutions because without a foundation in data and research, solutions are just opinions about what will work. Research provides a methodology that can be replicated to get the same positive results. We are committed to the principles of quality, reliability, validity, and utility in everything we do.